Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, construction, conversion and repair of ships and ship components. By integrating systems, Damen creates innovative, high-quality platforms, which provide our customers with maximum added value.
Damen operates over 36 shipyards and 20 other companies across 5 continents, supported by a worldwide sales and service network. Damen Shipyards Group offers direct employment to about 12,500 people. Romania is the largest production location of the group and includes Damen Shipyards Galati, one of the most successful examples of privatization in the Romanian economy, as well as Damen Shipyards Mangalia, a joint venture with the Romanian government.
Damen Shipyards Group is expanding its leading position in standardization and serial construction in ship building, thus providing its clients worldwide state-of-the-art maritime solutions to responsibly and efficiently utilize the increasing possibilities in trade, food, energy and recreation that oceans, seas, lakes and rivers offer to humanity.
To accelerate the development of ambitious and talented highly educated (Bachelor or Master) starting financials towards future leadership finance positions, with high return on investment, a global perspective and high visibility.
A Damen Traineeship at Damen Shipyards Galati is an excellent way to start a challenging career within the Damen Shipyards Group.
During the course of the Traineeship, the Trainee will further identify and explore his/her talents in order to find a role with the best fit for him/her and the biggest impact for Damen.
Based on the talent profile and personal preferences of the Trainee, and our organizational goals we will support the personal and professional development in order to help the Trainee to find their niche, while at the same time developing a One-Damen way of working and a group-wide network.
• Strong analytical skills
• Attention to Detail
• Critical Thinker
• Ethical Integrity
• Team Player
Skills & experience
• Master Degree in Finance
• Excel: Able to use Microsoft Excel for data analysis, financial modeling, and creating financial reports.
• Accounting: Knowledgeable of accounting principles and practices, including the preparation of income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
• Risk Management: Understands risk assessment and management techniques in the context of investment and financial decision-making.
• Financial Analysis: Capable to undertake financial statement analysis, ratio analysis, and trend analysis to evaluate company performance and financial health.
• Financial Modeling: Able to build financial models to support decision-making processes.
• Fluent in English
What we offer
Role rotation at least but not limited to financial administration.
Participation to Damen Leadership Development Program and specific technical trainings.
The possibility of living and working abroad in an international company.
Attractive salary package.
Employment or Internship Experiences (preferred):
• Scholarship abroad in an Erasmus Project.
• Engaged with AISEC community.
• Contributed to conducting financial analysis and preparing reports for senior finance professionals.
• Played a role in the development of financial models to assess investment opportunities.
• Involved in financial audits and supported budgeting and forecasting processes.