Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Strategic Purchaser you develop, improve, and ensure professional relationships with strategic subcontractors and suppliers. You will also initiate market research and monitors and report cost trends for key commodities. As Strategic Purchaser you will lead a category team in purchasing materials, products and outsourcing activities.
As Strategic Purchaser, you wil:
- Develop professional relationships in the marketplace to understand industry changes which may impact the company’s business.
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensure supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables.
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis international suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up, maintain and ensure a suitable strategic supply base.
- Drive improvement processes with strategic subcontractors and/or suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation.
- Ensure supply contingency plans are in place in case key suppliers are unable to perform as required.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain project related terms & conditions.
- Responsible for creating unambiguous processes, procedures, and preconditions for the acquisition process project-based and non-project-based.
- Leading a category team, define category strategies, implement, and execute strategy with relation to both strategic and non-strategic suppliers.
- Define procurement budgets for the Products & Proposals department.
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations.
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures.
- Purchase products and materials and outsource activities specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract management and aftercare.
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them.
Skills & experience
As Strategic Purchaser, you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in a technical direction and complemented with Nevi course(s).
- At least ten years relevant experience preferably gained in a technical environment with complex projects and project management.
- Substantive knowledge of and experience with strategic sourcing principles.
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language written & verbal.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning and organising, problem analysis, decisiveness, negotiating, persuasiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Strategic Purchaser, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 0118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1