Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Services!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for a Parts Coordinator within the Services Department
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Services. Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping them find solutions to challenging situations. Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
Meet the team:
Our Parts department within Services provides (mainly existing) customers with the necessary spare parts during the life cycle of the ship. Within the mixed team of about fifteen people, everyone is responsible for their own region.
As a Parts Coordinator Services, you will meet all the needs of our customers in the field of spare parts, logistics and common activities. In consultation with the account manager and sales manager, you will approach the customers in your region. As Part Coordinator you are responsible for the entire part sales order process within your region.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Active approach towards (potential) clients and inform them about the possibility of delivery of specific components;
- Within your region, you will be responsible for the proactive sales of maritime spare parts;
- On a successful sale, you take care of the process by ordering materials and coordinating the logistics;
- Maintaining contact with both clients and suppliers about delivery times and prices;
- Performing accurately additional administrative work, such as building a dossier for each project;
- Keep track of the many projects running simultaneously.
Skills & experience
We ask our future Parts Coordinator Services to come prepared with the following:
- Preferably a completed MBO + level in a technical or commercial direction;
- Between 3 and 5 years’ experience in a technical sales role preferable within a Service Department;
- Good command of Dutch and English, French is an advantage.
- Result-oriented, a "Parts Coordinator Services" with initiative and management skills;
- Communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Parts Coordinator with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture; Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Parts Coordinator Services, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Parts Coordinator Services by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!