Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 2 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
Group Control is based in Gorinchem and is established for the entire Damen Shipyards Group. Within Group control the Data & Analytics team is expanding. We have ambitious plans in place and need to recruit an experienced, full-time available Information/Data Analyst. Damen is looking for a Data/Information Analyst to strengthen data & analytics of the Damen Shipyards Group!
As a Data/Information analyst you will be part of the Shared data & analytics team supporting the Data requests from the business. The team is in the scale-up phase to become the central point within the global Damen organization to evolve and mature data & analytics in close cooperation between various Damen companies. The objective is to support the Group with insights to better anticipate future changes and developments. By rationalizing the decision-making process with your insightful data, Damen will be able to make better decisions. You work together with various business analysts and IT/system specialists.
You contribute to set up our data lake and developing business objects. You help guide the conversion of data into relevant information and the realization of new insights and recommendations for the organization. For this you extract and transform unstructured data into optimized data in an analysis-friendly format and capture it to insure it. You delve into databases and structure this data for storage and take responsibility for the architecture.
You will provide the stakeholders with reliable, insightful data and reports, combining various systems and data sources. Therefore you are capable of connecting IT (tools), Finance and other expertise’s. You stand for the quality of the information and the visibility of this.
- Support and develop data models and DataMarts, using various data sources;
- Data reliability to create datasets with a uniform standard;
- Identify and report deviations and bottlenecks in both processes as business insights through analyses within the Group;
- Make proposals for improvement of the processes;
- Support the team with the annual development plans;
- Various ad hoc analysis activities.
Skills & experience
- At least a completed bachelor's degree with a Data(science) orientated angle;
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience in a data analytical role;
- Good knowledge of the folowing tools, such as Synaps, PowerBI and Azure Devops are a pre;
- Advanced Data wrangling skills (transformation and mapping);
- Being able to work in a dynamic environment, where Scrum experience is a pre;
- You are analytic, statistic and quality-oriented;
- You easily connect with the people in the organization;
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language .
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing talented individuals is of great importance. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- Dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- Competitive salary package, with excellent secondary package;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- An active social environment such as events and sports;
- Working from home policy.
An assessment and a pre-employment screening can be a part of the recruitment process.
Want to know more about this role, contact: Masha de Kloe, Masha.de.kloe@Damen.com